The Women’s Foundation of Palm Beach County conducts a variety of programs geared towards women and/or girls in order to nurture their leadership skills and grow their economic, political, and social status. These programs serve as the soil for our work, with each of them tailored to serve a specific audience and their needs. Here are the programs that have resulted in local Palm Beach County women’s and girls’ blossoming success:
- Raise the Bar: Our annual fundraising event that is always hosted in close proximity of March, because of its significance of being Women’s History Month. This event provides the necessary funding for all of our programs, where everything raised goes directly to them, serving as the fertilizer and water of our organization.
- Women on the Run: This program serves the monarch butterflies among us, who want to make the journey of campaigning for a local leadership position with the end goal of arriving there. But like all monarch butterflies, the women in our county who wish to run for office need to stock up on as much nutrition as possible, in the form of training and connections to the people that will help them run a steady and strong campaign.
- By Women for Women: A program divided into three separate series in which Palm Beach County women facilitate the growth of women and girls in their community.
- Giving Circle : A series that allows Palm Beach County women to financially invest in the women and girls of their community, pollinating the future flowers of tomorrow.
- Professional Development Series : A series that facilitates a kaleidoscope of social and professional butterflies to come, have fun and learn skills in order to professionally advance.
- Book Club : Unlike other book clubs, the focus of ours is to read and discuss books written by women that focus on their own or fellow women’s experiences, in order to ensure that our flowers of knowledge have strong and expansive roots to weather any storm life throws at us.
- Women Opening Doors for Women: A program that facilitates local Palm Beach County professional women to host intimate speed mentoring sessions for fellow women in the community, in order to ensure the spread of vital nutrients, in the form of knowledge, to women and girls for their success.
- Girls Leadership Institute: This institute serves the young girls of our community, who, like caterpillars, need plenty food and water to metamorph into a confident and successful butterfly, which we provide in the form of additional education and opportunities to connect with others who share the same passion as them.
- Women Seen and Heard: A facilitated gathering that allows community members to have an intimate discussion with their elected officials about legislation that impacts women, children, and families, after the Florida legislature’s 60-day session.