What is the Women’s Foundation of Florida?
The Women’s Foundation of Florida is a volunteer-driven, grassroots organization with a mission of investing in women and girls to encourage leadership and positively affect their economic, political, and social status.
How can you get involved?
Our volunteers are integral to our programming. Getting involved in one of the following committees is a productive and rewarding way to give back to the women and girls in our community. Please read the following committee descriptions, and if you’d like to participate email Judith@womensfoundationfl.org.
We are seeking powHERful leaders across Florida to grow programs in your local communities.
- Girl’s Leadership Institute & STEM Academy Planning Committee: This committee organizes this free program to empower girls. Help plan the workshops and the hands-on activities.
- By Women, For Women Book Club Committee: Our first book club launched around a discussion about Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg. Book clubs meet quarterly and the volunteers facilitate the program and fun refreshments.
- Women on the Run/Women on the Bench Committee: This committee organizes a series of training sessions for women interested in becoming more civically engaged and running for office. The committee also organize the Foundation’s “Women’s Seen and Heard” events, which are round table discussions with local legislators before and after state legislative session.
- By Women, For Women Professional Development Committee: This committee is tasked with organizing regular social and educational events for women to network, learn and discuss issues supportive of their ambitions. They plan our PowHERful Leadership programs.
- Raise the Bar Host Committee: Raise the Bar is our annual fundraising cocktail and networking event. As a Raise the Bar host, you help with the event to raise awareness about the mission of the Women’s Foundation.
- Women Opening Doors for Women Co-Chairs Committee: The annual WODW fundraising and networking event allows women to gather in intimate settings with leaders in a myriad of fields to learn and discuss current events and career advancement strategies. A committee of event co-chairs organizes the speakers, themes and markets the program to women across the county.
- Giving Circle: The giving circle is comprised of women across local communities who each invest a minimum of $250. Together we solicit grant proposals focused on creating social change for women and girls in our community. We all have an equal voice at the decision making table and together determine how to invest our collective resources to support women’s and girl’s leadership and positively impact their economic, social and political opportunities.
- Education & Advocacy: The education and advocacy volunteers organize community programs on issues such as stopping sex trafficking, expanding access to paid family leave, the importance of reproductive justice and so much more.
Thank you for your interest in the Women’s Foundation of Florida. We have volunteer opportunities throughout the year and need your help to expand into new counties.
Make a Secure Online Donation
Mail a check to:
Women’s Foundation of Florida
PO Box 611
West Palm Beach, FL 33402
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.